10.11.06

In which there are also no otters

Dear Mom,

It's been a quiet week at Chez Gwen. Sunday night I finished up my Socktoberfest socks. I had high hopes of knocking out more pairs through this month-long celebration of socks, but one it was:

These , of course, are the Embossed Leaves Socks, designed by Mona Schmidt, from the winter 2005 Interweave Knits. The yarn is some Elann's Sock it to Me that I had socked away around here (harhar!). I knit these through the World Series, going up to the wedding with you and Dad, and a spate of MST3K episodes. They are pictured here midway through Monday - I didn't want to wait to wear them! They have since been washed and dried, and I may attempt another photo shoot to show you how very well they fit. I give this pattern a big thumbs-up.

(Guinea pigs don't wear socks, although they were interested in what I was doing and if it involved lettuce. It didn't.)

And, here's a project I made earlier this month - I knit these for one of our relatives, using this pattern from Knitty. The embroidery here is substantially winged, since I decided I didn't really feel like executing the duplicate stitch, and I only made three instead of a full week's worth.

I find myself a little in-between projects at the moment, since I finished up the socks. Time to dive into the closet and yarn basket and see what I've forgotten about back in there.

Love, Gwen

No comments: