11.6.06


Thank you for your patient waiting for the room update. Your Dad has been working on the components virtually nonstop. He had a little rest waiting for the polyurethane to cure. Didn't he do a splendid job?
I am slowly sorting through 25 years of sewing and craft supplies in a attempt to reduce the accumulation. How many buttons does one person really need? And the Operating question at the moment is if I will use it in the next 6 months. I know that this is usually stated as "Did I use it in the last 6 months." Though that question does not seem relevant to someone who thinks quilts made out of vintage fabrics are fabulous. I must admit I have held onto a piece
of fabric bought in the 1970's. Through the years this fabric was to be a backpack, a pillow top, a seat cover, a notebook cover, a pillow top again, and most recently a purse. I think I will hold on to it a while longer and see what it wants to be next.


In this picture you can see empty cubes above the work surface. These spaces are reserved for the fabric with potential. The scraps are an easy save because they become quilts. But the larger yardage exists as a promise to the future.
Ruthlessness will be called for. I think I will wait until tomorrow....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great work! I can't wait to come see it in person. It looks like you've stocked the island already - what fun things you must have stashed around the room! And if you're going to be ruthless, perhaps you had better let Gwen and I recover any treasures from a terrible fate . . . Makes me want to be creative and productive just looking at the picture - What will be the first lucky project?

gwendolina said...

oh wow!!! Dad's square-feet/weekend rate is prodigious!! I love the color of the wood - so swedish. Is it a stain? The light above the machine is neat too. It's fun to play I spy with these pictures!

Now I'm wondering what piece of fabric you're thinking about. . .

Anonymous said...

i want to come play
julie