27.9.07

North Sea Shawl

Dear Mom,

Two weeks ago, it was very chilly here - chilly enough to warrant a sweater, jacket, and scarf. The weather quickly turned warm (even hot) again, but that little chill got me thinking about winter knitting. I searched Folk Shawls for a likely pattern.


This is actually the second time I've started this pattern, the North Sea Shawl. I began Labor Day weekend happily knitting it out of some local Illinois yarn I picked up earlier this year, only to realize late Saturday that I only had about two-thirds the yarn I'd need. So I ripped it out and the frustration that ensued led me to make some very bad (and kind of hilarious) decisions, which I'll share with you next time.


This time, it's going well, though. For needles, I'm using the wooden strawberry-ended Peace Fleece needles I found in that little store in Zanesville with you. The strawberry theme around here lately has been wonderful, if seasonally disorienting.

Love,
Gwen

No comments: